Last Updated: June 1, 2015
DEFINITION OF TWO KEY TERMS:
“Aggregated information” means information about specific groups or all users that we combine and not information specific to one user.
"Personal Information" means information specific to one user who is or can be identified from the specific information or in combination with other available information.
INFORMATION TYPES CAPTURED BY CURATED CARE
- Information You Provide: We capture, store, and process the information that you give us when accessing or using the Site. Some examples include: when you fill out a form, register, update your profile, upload images, create an activity, communicate with users, use the Site to search, make or accept bookings, pay for services, or link your account to a third party site (e.g. Facebook).
- Mobile and Location Data: When you use certain features, we may receive, store, or/and process different types of information including, but not limited to, your location, IP address, zip code, and mobile GPS-based location.
- Log and Usage Data: We create, receive, store, and process data related to when and how users access our Site, regardless of whether you are registered or subscribed to the site. This includes, but is not limited to, your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Site, number of clicks, pages viewed, and referring and exit URLs.
- Third-party Plug-ins: Our Site may use social plug-ins which are provided and operated by third-party companies, such as Pinterest and Facebook. As a result of this, we may send information to that third-party company.
USES OF INFORMATION
The information that you provide or make available to us is used for the many purposes including:
- to enable access and general use of the Site
- to help operate, protect, and improve the Site and community for all market participants
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Site through fraud detection and prevention, market participant verifications, and checks against third party databases
- to send you alerts and messages
- to provide you targeted marketing and promotional messages based on your needs
- to administer promotions, credits, rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Curated Care and our Partners
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with both our users and between market participants
- to enforce our agreements with third parties and Terms of Service
We may review, scan, or analyze communications between Market Participants that occur over the Site for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support purposes. For example, we may scan messages for invitations to move messaging and communication offline or for third party marketing messages. This helps to prevent fraudulent actors and ensures ongoing bookings and user communications are more efficient and effective for all Market Participants.
By using the Site, you consent that Curated Care, in its sole discretion, may review, scan, analyze, and store your communications, whether done manually or through automated means.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Parts of your public profile page that contain some Personal Information may be displayed in other parts of the Site and to other users for marketing purposes. It is your responsibility to review your full profile and ensure you are comfortable with Curated Care sharing this information with other users on the Site.
The Site allows your public profile, activities, and public profile pages to be included in search engines, in which case your public information will be indexed by search engines and may be published as search results.
When you submit a request to book a Kid Expert, your full name, address, and phone number will become visible. You will be given an opportunity to confirm, delete, or modify the information at the time of booking. If you choose to provide a review of Kid Experts or Families, your review may be public on the Site.
Billing information is captured by our third-party processing company, Braintree Payments (a Paypal company) and will never be shared with another user.
In the future, we plan to develop our community and share information with third party sites such as Facebook and Pinterest. Your activities on the Site may be displayed to your Friends on the Site and/or that third party site. Users may be able to see common Friends that you might have and reviews that were added by Friends and connections from other social media sites.
The publication and display of information that you provide to Curated Care is subject to your decision to provide such information, settings, and authorizations on the Site as well as on the third party site.
We may distribute parts of the Site (including your Activities and Public Profile) for display on sites operated by our business partners, using technologies such as HTML widgets.
Your Personal Information may be provided to third party companies and individuals we have engaged to provide us services. Such services may include the verification of your personal information, identification, or to conduct checks against databases such as public government databases (where legally allowed). This is done for the limited purpose of allowing them to provide these services. In good faith, we will work with the third parties to protect this Personal Information and to not use it for unrelated purposes.
You acknowledge, consent and agree that Curated Care may access, preserve and disclose your account information and Aggregated Information if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to (a) respond to claims asserted against Curated Care; (b) to comply with legal process (for example, subpoenas and warrants); (c) to enforce and administer our agreements with users, such as the Terms of Service; or (d) for fraud prevention, risk assessment, investigation, customer support, product development and de-bugging purposes. We may also publish, disclose and use Aggregated Information and non-personal information for industry analysis, demographic profiling, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
INFORMATION OWNERSHIP RIGHTS
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13, and no part of the Site is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. If you become aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that an individual under 13 has opened an account and provided us with Personal Information, we take steps to remove such information and terminate that person's account.
TO CHANGE YOUR INFORMATION OR CANCEL YOUR ACCOUNT
You may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in your account when logged into the Site. If you cancel your account completely, any reviews, postings and similar materials created by you may continue to be publicly available on the Site or stored in our database even after your account is canceled.
We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information against the unauthorized access, destruction or alteration of your information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic information, can be 100% secure. So, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your transmissions to us and of your Personal Information that we store.
YOUR PRIVACY ON THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND RESOURCES
SPECIAL FEATURES AND PROGRAMS
Referral service: We provide features that enable conducting and tracking of referrals. You may refer friends and contacts. You many refer the site, an activity, or a Kid Expert by manually providing an email address. In all cases, we only use the email for the purposes of administering the referral services and do not spam or share these emails.
Integrations: We may integrate profiles with third party sites such as Facebook, so that you can send invitation messages or share or post via the third party site itself.
If you request us to import your contacts, we will collect, but not store, the username and password for the email account you wish to import your contacts from. We will use this information only for the purpose of importing your contacts.
Events and Community
The Site may allow registered account holders to organize, search for or participate in offline or online events (“Events”) in selected cities.
If you organize an Event or indicate that you will attend one, this information, together with some of your public information (such as your profile picture and public profile page) and any messages that you post about that Event, will be visible to users who browse the event.